Ethos of Centre
Our mission statement:
To develop confidence and an awareness of self, others and the world around us through positive learning experiences in new and challenging environments.
This is re-enforced by Blue Peris’s Key Values and our commitment to Learning Outside the Classroom (LOTC) and Association of Heads of Outdoor Education Centres (AHOEC) Gold Standard Award and other National Student Centred Initiatives.
Blue Peris Key Values
- To promote personal development through a positive approach to psychological and physical challenges, developing the ability to set realistic goals, take action and evaluate progress.
- To develop an understanding of the roles and responsibilities within a group and to enable students and leaders share a joint responsibility in the learning process. Understanding of appropriate standards of behaviour, and of the importance of communication, co-operation, encouragement and support.
- To develop an understanding and awareness of the fragile environment we live in by an appreciation of how the environment needs to be related to feelings and experience, as well as facts and statistics.
- To develop the ability to recognise hazards and devise / follow effective risk control strategies.
- To prepare children to be capable and effective agents in the wider world through a diverse range of learning and developmental experiences that develop a flexible and adaptable approach to life.
- To provide a child centred and experiential learning environment which fosters the realisation of an individual’s human potential, whereby relationships and behaviour are based on spontaneity and appropriateness, rather than prescription and structure.
- To develop effective inter-personal and intra-personal skills to support and enhance academic and / or physical achievement.
Bedford Borough Council Key Strategic Goals
The Council has set out a variety of goals that as an authority the wish to acheive. The goals have been organised around seven themes.
Clients from Bedford that visit us, will find that our programmes support all but one of the goals listed above.
Documents are available as Adobe PDF files. If you do not have the Adobe PDF reader simply click here to download it free of charge.