The day to day running of an Outdoor Education Centre requires many systems in place and jobs that need to be carried out. What better situation then to integrate some of these into the course aim and objectives.
Life skills, working as a team, living together, offering help are all integral part of life. With this in mind the centre runs a duty system which enables students to undertake a range of these skills relevant to daily home living.
We feel that these are important aspects of any visit. However, if you feel that these duties are not relevant or suited to your course aims and objectives then some can be removed.
- Laying tables for breakfast and evening meals
- Assisting in serving meals
- Maintaining a tidy dorm
- Making own packed lunch on a daily basis
- Washing and drying up with the use of a dishwasher
- Other minor duties
- On the last evening and departure day of a course we also give a variety of cleaning duties out to all group members
There is a duty rota pro forma which assists course leaders in the organisation of these duties, please see the Course Leader Forms page to download forms.